Instead of Hungry Jacks, you can try this simple pancake recipe, which I got from my auntie.
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder (double action)
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
4 tbsp melted butter (cooled to room temperature)
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp castor sugar
1. Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) into a bowl.
2. Separate egg yolk from white. Add egg yolk to the dry ingredients. Add melted butter, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a dry clean bowl, whisk egg white till light and fluffy.
4. Fold both ingredients together. (Do not overfold or overbeat)
5. Rest 5 minutes before cooking. Cook on a non-stick pan. No oil needed.
This is Mimi's fav breakfast food. I was ranked third in terms of cooking skills by Mimi. After making the pancakes for her, I am now number one, beating my MIL and mom hahaha ... How easy it is to please Mimi :)